School Funding & Scholarships
The workplace of Financial help and Scholarships reports to your Vice Provost for Enrollment Management which include listed here units that are functional workplace of Undergraduate Admissions, school funding and Scholarships, Student Suggestions Systems and also the workplace regarding the University Registrar.
The University of Kansas workplace of Financial help and Scholarships (FAS) acts pupils, families, together with community by giving federal, state, and institutional aid that is financial and resources to help students in attaining their academic objectives. FAS is dedicated to quality that is providing aid solutions to its constituents while keeping accountability into the administration of general general public, institutional, and personal educational funding funds. Services are created to offer the educational objectives regarding the specific pupil and the objectives associated with the college while they connect with retention and graduation.
This place is important in administering education loan, work-study, and give programs. These duties need strong social skills, awareness of information plus the power to utilize a diverse pupil populace, also an aptitude for administering educational funding programs to make sure conformity along with Federal Title IV laws. The staff user in this place must effortlessly administer educational funding programs in help of y our mission to make sure access and help development and gratification of y our pupils.
Job explanation 40% Coordination of most Loan Programs
- Must keep strong familiarity with federal loan laws to make certain conformity https://spot-loan.net and defenses associated with the University’s fiduciary obligations to both pupils and our campus lovers.
- Oversees the processing that is daily of Loans and personal loans.
- Assures conformity by reviewing loan that is daily/weekly to examine and resolve pupil degree dilemmas surrounding yearly and aggregate loan limitations, NSLDS checklists, along with other eligibility dilemmas.
- Executes month-to-month reconciliation of Direct Loan programs along with scholar Suggestions Systems and Financial solutions.
- Supervises the mortgage Coordinator whom manages the processing for personal and federal loans, including PLUS and Grad PLUS loans.
- Determines eligibility for loans, procedures loans, monitors alterations in eligibility, and adjusts help appropriately.
- Develops and maintains procedure and policy papers linked to all loan programs.
- Assesses loan processing tasks and makes tips for increased efficiency.
40% Work Learn and Give Management:
- Administers the Federal Work-Study (FWS) program and Kansas job Work-Study (KSCWS) programs; determines eligibility and prizes appropriately.
- Monitors the FWS investment stability and pupil profits, including using the DEMIS portal in addition to Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) to track expenses.
- Corresponds utilizing the Shared provider Center regarding FWS earnings restrictions, possible increases in honors, and fund that is retroactive.
- Functions as the FWS liaison and offers training to campus lovers.
- Accountable for keeping up to date with federal laws linked to FWS and developing/updating policies that are annual procedures.
- Functions as the liaison into the University profession Center within the management regarding the Kansas profession Work-Study Program.
- Determines eligibility and prizes the KU Overseas Student Tuition Grant (KUISTG). Communicates with Student Account & Receivables Glacier that is regarding paperwork and places/releases holds on reports.
- Determines eligibility and administers the Federal EDUCATE grant, including reporting and maintenance of student records within the typical Origination and Disbursement system.
20% Financial Education and Provider Delivery
- Counsels prospective and current pupils and families regarding school-related aid that is financial, and reacts fully to escalated inquiries, such as the application and awarding process, cost management and also the securing of resources to meet up costs.
- Reacts to complex concerns (including escalated phone phone calls and visits) from prospective students, present pupils, moms and dads, campus peers among others regarding aid that is financial and extra funding has to go to, progress and graduate.
- Assists with outreach tasks ( ag e.g. FAFSA conclusion, twelfth grade activities) to aid recruitment activities together with KU Admissions office, along with other educational funding occasions on campus for present pupils.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 yrs appropriate experience OR Master’s degree at period of visit.
- Experience involved in educational funding, scholarships, admissions, related or advising part of degree.
- Experience producing efficiencies through technology, including knowledge about information question and analytics.
- Exceptional interaction skills as evidenced by the applying materials and meeting procedure.
- Experience with interpreting regulations that are federal developing/implementing programs to adhere to those regulations.
- Demonstrated strong solution distribution abilities, including using a population that is diverse.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in problem-solving for a variety of circumstances.